Reminder: Cinderella Junior
Calling all fourth, fifth, and sixth graders: Have you ever wanted to be an actor or an actress? Come try out for Highland’s spring play, Cinderella Junior, directed by Casey Eichelberger and Pat Zanetti. Signups and the first practice will be held on Friday, March 20 right after school. Practices will take place on Wednesdays and Fridays after school until 5:00PM. The performance will happen on Friday, May 15. Come out and have some fun! NOTE: All participating students must bring a signed permission form—included in this week’s packet—on March 20.
Due to potential rain/snow (that’s right: SNOW), the Huskies’ Race for Education has been RESCHEDULED for Friday, March 27. The times for each range of grades remain the same: K–3 students from 9:30–10:30AM; 4–6 students from 1:30–2:30PM.
The Husky S.T.A.R.S. winners for February are K: Arnold, 1: Campana, 2: Daniels, 3: MacNamara, 4: Park, 5: Kelley, and 6: Conlan. Congratulations!
Multicultural Potluck/Diversity Fair
Save the date for Highland’s annual Multicultural Potluck/Diversity Fair! It will be held in the cafeteria on Friday, May 8 from 4:30–6:30PM. Professional performances will include Korean Fan Dancers and a drum workshop by Doc Gibbs from the Emeril Live Band. Would you like to share about your culture? We are looking for families to display a poster or demonstrate a game or activity. A flyer will be sent home in April with more details on how you can contribute a dish and/or a display.
Reminder: AEF Family Fun Night
From Mr. Etlen: “Don’t forget to mark your calendars and get your tickets: The Abington Education Foundation is having Family Fun Night at the Senior High on Friday, March 27 from 6:00–9:00PM. Tickets are available in the front office: $10 per person/$35 for a family of 4.”
Reminder: Spring Fling Used Book Drive
With the snow still outside, it’s hard to believe that Spring Fling is coming up, but it is—and we’re starting to get ready! We are beginning to collect used books for the Spring Fling Book Sale. The collection box is in front of the Highland library. Please bring in your used books so we can raise money AND re-circulate good books! Thank you!
Here’s What’s Happening
- Friday, March 20: Red, White, and Blue Day
- Tuesday, March 24: Board of School Directors meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building
- Friday, March 27: Huskies’ Race for Education: K–3 students: 9:30–10:30AM; 4–6 students: 1:30–2:30PM (rescheduled due to weather)
- Friday, March 27: AEF Family Fun Night: 6:00–9:00PM at the Senior High
- Thursday–Monday, April 2–6: School closed for spring recess
- Friday, April 10: School Spirit Day
- Tuesday, April 14: Board of School Directors meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building
- Saturday, April 25: Spring Fling: 10:00AM–3:00PM