Highland Theatre: Cinderella Junior
Have you ever wanted to be an actor or an actress? Come try out for Highland’s spring play, Cinderella Junior, directed by Casey Eichelberger and Pat Zanetti. Signups and the first practice will be held on Friday, March 20 right after school. Practices will take place on Wednesdays and Fridays after school until 5:00PM. The performance will happen on Friday, May 15. Come out and have some fun! NOTE: All participating students must bring a signed permission form—included in this week’s packet—on March 20.
Scholastic Book Fair
It’s Scholastic Book Fair time! This year’s dates are March 12–19. The fair will be held during conferences, and we still need help from volunteers to make it happen. Please go to http://tinyurl.com/HighlandBookFair15 to sign up to help via Signup Genius. Please feel free to contact Georelle Farward (email@example.com) with any questions. Thank you!
Reminder: AEF Family Fun Night
From Mr. Etlen: “Don’t forget to mark your calendars and get your tickets: The Abington Education Foundation is having Family Fun Night at the Senior High on Friday, March 27 from 6:00–9:00PM. Tickets are available in the front office: $10 per person/$35 for a family of 4.”
Reminder: Spring Fling Used Book Drive
With the snow still outside, it’s hard to believe that Spring Fling is coming up, but it is—and we’re starting to get ready! We are beginning to collect used books for the Spring Fling Book Sale. The collection box is in front of the Highland library. Please bring in your used books so we can raise money AND re-circulate good books! Thank you!
Replacement Husky Folders
If you would like to order a replacement husky folder, please send in $1 to the PTO and indicate the name of the student and the teacher. We will make sure one gets delivered.
Reminder: Highland PTO Meeting Monday
Please join us for the next Highland PTO meeting on Monday, March 16 at 7:00PM in the library. See you then!
Here’s What’s Happening
- Tuesday–Thursday, March 17–19: Early dismissal @ 12:20PM:
- Parent conferences by appointment in the classrooms
- Sixth grade bake sale: 12:30–3:30PM outside the library
- Lost-and-found table in front of the library—all items not claimed will be donated
- Tuesday–Thursday, March 17–19: ASD Art Fest 2015: 1:30–7:30PM in the Central Administration Building
- Friday, March 20: Red, White, and Blue Day
- Friday, March 20: Huskies’ Race for Education: K–3 students: 9:30–10:30AM; 4–6 students: 1:30–2:30PM
- Tuesday, March 24: Board of School Directors meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building
- Friday, March 27: AEF Family Fun Night: 6:00–9:00PM at the Senior High
- Thursday–Monday, April 2–6: School closed for spring recess
- Friday, April 10: School Spirit Day
- Tuesday, April 14: Board of School Directors meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building