Highland Blood Drive 23 More Donors Needed!
There are 23 more donor slots for this year’s Highland Red Cross Blood Drive, which is happening on Wednesday, December 10 (the middle day of conferences), 2:00–7:00PM in the gym. To make your donation appointment—and truly give the gift of life!—visit http://tinyurl.com/2014HighlandBloodDrive or contact John Spiegelman (215-740-4306, firstname.lastname@example.org). For tons of Red Cross donor information, see the info packet at http://tinyurl.com/HighlandBloodDriveInfo. If you have donor eligibility questions, please call 866-236-3276 (press 1 and then 3).
Bake Sale Help Needed
Next week’s sixth grade bake sake—which will be held outside the library on Tuesday–Thursday, December 9–11 during conferences—needs a lot of help in the form of both volunteers and items for them to sell:
- We need to fill one-hour selling shifts from 12:00–4:00PM on Tuesday and Wednesday and from 12:00–2:00PM on Thursday. To sign up for a shift, please got to http://tinyurl.com/HighlandBakeSaleDec14 or contact Lisa Barbiero (215-901-8547, email@example.com)
- We also need stuff to sell. Generally, the best sellers are individually wrapped, single-portion items. If you would like to con-tribute and do not bake or have time next week, we welcome store bought baked goods, bottled water, and/or candy.
NOTE: Even if you’re not a sixth grade parent/guardian, if you would like to help by volunteering and/or sending in items to sell, your help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Pops for Tops
Congratulations to Mr. Chou’s sixth grade class for bringing in the most box tops for November. Be sure to get your Box Tops for Education in this month and see if you can beat them in December! We also count Labels for Education in the totals. Thank you to everyone at Highland who contributed.
Here’s What’s Happening
- Through Friday, December 5: CoGAT testing for grades K and 2
- Friday, December 5: School Spirit Day
- Tuesday–Thursday, December 9–11: Early dismissal @ 12:20PM:
- Parent/guardian conferences by appointment in the classrooms
- Secret Shop: 12:30–3:30PM on the gym stage
- Sixth grade bake sale: 12:30–3:30PM outside the library
- Lost-and-found table in front of the library—all items not claimed will be donated
- Tuesday, December 9: Board of School Directors meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building
- Friday, December 19: Red, White, and Blue Day
- Tuesday, December 23: Winter Concert: 9:30AM in the gym
- Wednesday–Friday, December 24–January 2: Winter Recess: All ASD schools CLOSED