Highland Blood Drive—Donors Needed!
We REALLY need donors for this year’s Highland Red Cross Blood Drive, which is happening on Wednesday, December 10 (the middle day of conferences), 2:00–7:00PM in the gym. To make your donation appointment—and truly give the gift of life!—visit http://tinyurl.com/2014HighlandBloodDrive or contact John Spiegelman (215-740-4306, email@example.com). For tons of Red Cross donor information, see the info packet at http://tinyurl.com/HighlandBloodDriveInfo. If you have donor eligibility questions, please call 866-236-3276 (press 1 and then 3).
A HUGE thank you to everyone who supported the Highland Barnes & Noble Book Fair. The turnout was amazing, and the Highland library will have a fantastic selection of new books for years to come—all made possible by the generous Highland community! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Thank You, Highland!
This year’s Thanksgiving Care & Share Food Drive had an unprecedented number of Highland families to help—35! But thanks to the incredible generosity of Highland’s teachers/staff/admins, the amazing families of the Highland community, and wonderful folks from throughout Abington Township, we were able to make it happen. Special gratitude to Mrs. Heuer and her sixth grade class, who packed and hauled more boxes than I’ve ever seen before, and to my awesome colleagues on the Care & Share Committee, Erica Bacich and Tracy Mann-Hall, in whose extremely capable hands Care & Share now rests. And to the entire Highland family, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for the opportunity to be Care & Share Coordinator for the past six years, and for making my last Care & Share so special. HAPPY THANKSGIVING, everyone! —John Spiegelman
Here’s What’s Happening
- Thursday–Friday, November 27–28: School closed for Thanksgiving holiday
- Monday–Friday, December 1–5: CoGAT testing for grades K and 2
- Friday, December 5: School Spirit Day
- Tuesday–Thursday, December 9–11: Early dismissal @ 12:20PM:
- Parent/guardian conferences by appointment in the classrooms
- Secret Shop: 12:30–3:30PM on the gym stage
- Sixth grade bake sale: 12:30–3:30PM outside the library
- Lost-and-found table in front of the library—all items not claimed will be donated
- Tuesday, December 9: Board of School Directors Meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building
- Friday, December 19: Red, White, and Blue Day
- Tuesday, December 23: Winter Concert: 9:30AM in the gym
- Wednesday–Friday, December 24–January 2: Winter Recess: All ASD schools CLOSED