Thanksgiving Care & Share: Let’s Finish Up Strong!
The Thanksgiving Care & Share Food Drive is almost done, but because we’ll be helping more families than ever before this year, so we’ve extended the donation deadline to Monday, November 24. If you haven’t already, please consider sending in a donation with your child(ren) or dropping it off at the big Care & Share table in the main lobby (by the Front Office). Here is what we still need (and you can send in any of this regardless of which grade your child is in):
• turkey coupons from Giant (we need over two dozen more of these!);
• gravy (in jars or TetraPak™ boxes);
• cranberry sauce;
• potatoes (boxed mixes, canned, or whole);
• desserts; and
• breakfast items.
For details on the collection, please contact John Spiegelman ( 215-740-4306, firstname.lastname@example.org ). Thanks for your generosity!
Highland Book Fair at Barnes & Noble
The Highland Book Fair at Barnes & Noble (102 Park Avenue, Willow Grove, PA 19090) is tomorrow—Friday, November 21—4:30–7:30PM. It’s a perfect time to get an early start on gifts. 20% of sales (including sales from the B&N Café, which has a full dinner menu available) will support the Highland library! Come have dinner and enjoy a fun night of prizes (gift bas-ket and gift cards), a scavenger hunt (for a homework pass!), Highland students’ artwork, book readings, crafts, cupcake deco-rating, and special guest appearances (including a photo op with Elsa from Frozen)! Don’t forget that the class with the largest turnout will win an ice cream party! Invite some friends and lets make this an awesome event!
Highland Blood Drive
This year’s Highland Red Cross Blood Drive is happening on Wednesday, December 10 (the middle day of conferences), 2:00–7:00PM in the gym. To make your donation appointment, visit http://tinyurl.com/HighlandElementaryBloodDrive or contact John Spiegelman ( 215-740-4306, email@example.com ). For tons of Red Cross donor information, see the info packet at http://tinyurl.com/HighlandBloodDriveInfo. If you have eligibility questions, please call 866-236-3276 (press 1 and then 3).
Thank you to everyone that has signed up to purchase gifts for Adopt-a-Family. We will be contacting you soon. If you are in-terested in helping but forgot to send in the green signup sheets, please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. Thanks again!
Thank You, Highland!
On behalf of the “FALL Together Now” Committee and the Highland Sixth Grade Class of 2015, we would like to thank all of the Highland parents and alumni who attended the “FALL Together Now” event for your support! This event was a huge suc-cess and a lot of fun! Special thanks to the Bob Lowery Band and Andy Nolan! With these funds, it will enable us to continue the wonderful traditions of the sixth grade.
Reminder: New PTO Website!
Thanks to new PTO webmaster Troy Finamore, the Highland PTO website at http://www.HighlandPTO.com has finally been redesigned and updated! Updates and postings are still happening and will be ongoing throughout the year, so please check it out now—to appreciate Troy’s awesome work!—and then keep visiting regularly for all the latest PTO news and forms.
Here’s WHAT’S HAPPENING
- Through Monday, November 24: Care & Share Thanksgiving Food Drive collection
- Friday, November 21: Picture Retake Day
- Friday, November 21: Highland Barnes & Noble Book Fair: 4:30-7:30PM at Barnes & Noble (102 Park Avenue, Willow Grove, PA 19090)
- Tuesday, November 25: Care & Share Thanksgiving Food Drive packing day
- Tuesday, November 25: Board of School Directors Meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building
- Thursday–Friday, November 27–28: School closed for Thanksgiving holiday
- Friday, December 5: School Spirit Day
- Tuesday–Thursday, December 9–11: Early Dismissal @ 12:20PM:
- Parent/guardian conferences by appointment in the classrooms
- Secret Shop: 12:30–3:30PM on the gym stage
- Sixth grade bake sale: 12:30–3:30PM outside the library
- Lost-and-found table in front of the library—all items not claimed will be donated
- Tuesday, December 9: Board of School Directors Meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building