Reminder: Zumbathon Tomorrow + Zumba Program
Get fit and have fun with dynamic Zumba led by certified instructor—and Highland’s own—Cindy Russ:
- Zumbathon: TOMORROW—Friday, October 24—6:00–7:00PM. A one-hour, high-intensity Zumba experience for any students (girls AND boys) in grades 2–6 AND their grownups—no matter what your fitness level! Wear sneakers and bring water. $10 per family—proceeds go towards the purchase of a Buddy Bench for the playground. (NOTE: For safety reasons, everyone present must participate.)
- Zumba program: Five Mondays: November 10, 17, & 24 and December 1 & 8; 3:45–4:45PM. A five-week afterschool activity open to girls in grades 2–6. Each participant must have sneakers and a water bottle. Only $25 for the five-week series. (Stipends are available.)
Reminder: Highland Night at U-Swirl Tomorrow
Friday, October 24, 7:00–10:00PM will be Highland Night at U-Swirl Frozen Yogurt of Jenkintown (817 Old York Road, Jen-kintown, PA 19046), so please mark your calendars. Present a special Highland Night voucher—coming in next week’s pack-et—and 20% of your purchase will benefit the work of the Highland PTO!
- Thank you to Mr. Etlen, Ms. Arnold, Ms. Tuffy, and Ms. Crouthamel for attending this past Monday night’s PTO meeting to share information about the Husky S.T.A.R.S. program. You can view the presentation (a Prezi created by Ms. Crouthamel) at http://tinyurl.com/HuskySTARS.
- Courtesy of Mr. Etlen, the classes that won the most Husky S.T.A.R.S. tickets for September are Neary/KN, Cehelsky/1-Ce, Rush/2R, Tookes/3T, Przasnyski/4Pr, Kelley/5K, and Heuer/6H. Congratulations!
Sixth Grade Facebook Group
Calling all sixth grade families: Keep up with all the latest sixth grade news via social media by joining the Highland Elemen-tary sixth grade Facebook group. Just go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/764580006897951/ to join.
Let Us Know What’s Happening
Husky Happenings is YOUR newsletter, so if you have a blurb to include—or a flyer to include in Thursday packets—here’s how to make that happen:
- Send your blurb or flyer to Mr. Etlen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for his approval, with a CC to HH editor John Spie-gelman (email@example.com).
- Once Mr. Etlen approves your blurb, you’re good to go—it will go into the next edition.
- Once Mr. Etlen OKs your flyer, please have 375 hard copies printed. (You can fill out an order form—located in the PTO room—for the School District copy service, which takes about a week to copy. Or if you have a laptop or USB-compatible wireless device, you can print from the PTO room printer.) Leave the hard copies on the back counter of the PTO room with a note indicating the date of the Thursday packet in which you’d like the flyer included. Then it will go out on the date you requested.
Here’s What’s Happening
- Friday, October 24: Zumbathon: 6:00–7:00PM in the gym
- Friday, October 24: Highland Night at U-Swirl: 7:00–10:00PM at U-Swirl (817 Old York Road, Jenkintown, PA 19046)
- Tuesday, October 28: Board of School Directors meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building
- Monday–Friday, November 3–7: Nonviolent Conflict Resolution Week
- Tuesday, November 4: Election Day: In-service day/no classes in all ASD schools; please remember to VOTE! Plus, the sixth grade will be holding a bake sale outside the polling place at school!
- Thursday, November 6: School Spirit Day
- Friday, November 7: Red, White, and Blue Day
- Tuesday, November 11: Board of School Directors meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building