Reminder: Mlk Evening Of Service On February 6
Highland’s Evening of Service—in commemoration of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service—is happening on Friday, February 6 at 6:00PM. This year, Highland families will be donating to and making care packages for the Abington Memorial Hospital Pediatric Unit and Saint Mary’s Villa for Children and Families. The collection is happening NOW, and here’s what each grade level is asked to contribute:
- K & 1: small coloring /activity books or crayons
- 2: small toys (racecars, yoyos, etc.)
- 3: playing cards (any type) or small puzzles/games
- 4: socks and gloves (adult sizes)
- 5 & 6: hats and scarves (adult sizes)
Race For Education Kickoff
From PTO Co-President Laura Kremp: “It’s back—the Race for Education, Highland’s biggest fundraiser in history! The Race is a walk-a-thon in which students walk around Highland for one hour. The success of the Race is based on students asking family members, relatives, close friends, and neighbors to be their walk-a-thon sponsors. This year’s Race for Education is scheduled for Friday, March 20 (rain date: Friday, March 27), so please mark your calendars. It’s going to be a Race like no other, and the incentives and prizes are going to knock your socks off! Please see the letter in this week’s packet for kickoff information. Volunteers are definitely needed—please contact Laura Kremp (215-285-8091, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Indoor Recess Resources
Now that the winter weather is upon us, the students will have more days of indoor recess. While the kids have been enjoying the games and activities currently in their classrooms, it is always nice to have something new or different to play with during recess. If you have any gently used games (board games, cards, etc.) that you can donate to Highland, it would be greatly ap-preciated! Please send donations in to the PTO (attn. Tina Stancavage). Also, please be sure to label your item with a suggested age/grade; items will be distributed accordingly. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to accept high piece-count puzzles, bead kits, or electronic items. Please contact Tina Stancavage (email@example.com) with any questions. Thank you!
Are You Prepared For… Inspiration?!
Are you the kind of person who looks up at that lightning bolt of inspiration and says, “Hey, it’s Thursday—hit me”? Then perhaps YOU are the right person to take over as Husky Happenings Editor next year. Please contact John Spiegelman at firstname.lastname@example.org… TODAY!
Here’s What’s Happening
- Friday, January 23: Junior Flower Show judging: 11:00AM
- Friday, January 23: Paws PINGO Family Fun Night: 6:00–8:00PM
- Monday, January 26: Sixth grade parent meeting: 7:00–8:00PM in the library
- Tuesday, January 27: Highland Night at Elevation Burger (15% of your purchase benefits Highland): 4:00-9:00PM at Elevation Burger (3945 Welsh Road, Willow Grove, PA 19090)
- Tuesday, January 27: Board of School Directors meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building
- Wednesday, February 4: Kindergarten registration
- Friday, February 6: School Spirit Day
- Friday, February 6: MLK Evening of Service: 6:00PM
- Tuesday, February 10: Board of School Directors meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building
- Friday, February 20: Red, White, and Blue Day
- Monday, February 23: Highland PTO meeting: 7:00PM in the library