Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
From the Front Office: “In appreciation for the many ways you have volunteered to support our children and school, please join us for a breakfast in your honor on Thursday, May 7, 8:30–9:30AM in the faculty lounge. If you are able to attend the Vol-unteer Appreciation Breakfast, kindly RSVP to Ms. Renée Fargnoli (215-884-1048).”
From Your PTO
Some important Highland PTO notes from Co-President Erica Bacich:
A very special thanks to everyone who made Spring Fling an awesome event. There are too many to name individually, so I’ll just say thank you for staffing tables for an hour or four; hauling and storing books this year; painting faces; serving food; baking treats; cheering and dancing; organizing entertainment; handing out tickets; getting awesome donations; giving prizes to kids; hiring an obstacle course and an ice cream truck; having Abington Township put up a slow down sign on Edge Hill; jumping in when something looked like it needed to be done; taking everything out of the closet and then putting it all back again; setting up tables and power cords and staying late; bringing your kids and hanging out; and making Highland the amazing place that it is. Thank you to Highland’s teachers, staff, and parents/guardians for all that you do!
Join your fellow Highland families at the Phillies game on Sunday, June 7—and wear your Highland gear! Please see the flyer at http://tinyurl.com/HighlandPhillies15 (also included in the PDF version of this packet) for ticket ordering instructions.
We are still looking to fill some critical openings in next year’s PTO roster. If you missed my letter from last week, please check it out at http://tinyurl.com/PTO1516letter or in the PDF version of this packet.
The final PTO meeting of the year will be May 11th at 9:00 am in the cafeteria. Let’s wrap up this year and figure out where we want to be next year. Run for co-president! Or volunteer to chair a committee. Please feel free to contact me with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ukraine Baseball/Softball Collection Update
Thank you to everyone who has donated their used/outgrown baseball/softball gear—bats, balls, gloves, batting helmets, hat, team jerseys, etc.—to help fifth grader Candice Myers in her service project to help bring the joy and positive values of baseball and softball to the children of civil war–distressed Ukraine. You can still donate via the dropoff box in Highland’s front vesti-bule through Friday, May 8. For info, please contact Tory Myers (email@example.com).
Multicultural Potluck/Diversity Fair
Highland’s annual Multicultural Potluck/Diversity Fair will be held in the cafeteria on Friday, May 8 from 4:30–6:30PM. Pro-fessional performances will include Korean fan dancers, a demonstration from Paek’s Martial Arts, and a drum workshop by Doc Gibbs from the Emeril Live Band. Would you like to share about your culture? There’s still time to participate—please con-tact Ms. Lee-Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cub Scout Carnival
From Highland parent Susan Schied: “Interested in Cub Scouts? Join us on Saturday, May 9, 11:00AM–3:00PM for a Cub Scout Carnival at Saint Catherine of Sienna (317 Witmer Road, Horsham, PA 19044). Enjoy free activities and learn about what Cub Scouts has to offer. All kindergartners through fourth graders invited. Children must be accompanied by parent or guardian. To view an informational flyer about the carnival, please visit http://tinyurl.com/CubScoutCarnival15. For additional infor-mation about the carnival or Cub Scouts, please contact Susan Schied (email@example.com).”
Highland Celebrity Scoop At Rita’s
Join us for our annual Highland Celebrity Scoop Night on Wednesday, May 13, 4:00–6:00PM at Rita’s of Abington (1700 Old York Road, Abington, PA 19001). The famous prize wheel will be making its return. We can’t wait to see you there!
Here’s What’s Happening
- Friday, May 1: Red, White, and Blue Day
- Wednesday, May 6: Kindergarten orientation: 9:30AM
- Thursday, May 7: Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast: 8:30–9:30AM in the faculty lounge
- Friday, May 8: Teacher Appreciation Luncheon: 11:00AM–2:00PM in the faculty lounge
- Friday, May 8: Multicultural Potluck/Diversity Fair: 4:30–6:30PM in the cafeteria
- Monday, May 11: PTO meeting—last one of the school year: 9:00AM in the cafeteria
- Tuesday, May 12: Board of School Directors meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building
- Wednesday, May 13: Highland Celebrity Scoop Night: 4:00–6:00PM at Rita’s of Abington (1700 Old York Road, Abington, PA 19001)
- Friday, May 15: Field Day
- Monday, May 18: PIAA meeting (for parents/guardians of incoming seventh grade athletes): 7:00–8:30PM in the AJHS Little Theatre
- Tuesday, May 19: In-service day/no classes due to Primary Election Day—please remember to VOTE
- Wednesday, May 20: Art Show/Ice Cream Social: 6:30–8:30PM in the art room and on/around the art room patio
- Monday, May 25: School closed for Memorial Day holiday
- Tuesday, May 26: Board of School Directors meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building