Spring Fling Volunteers Needed!
Please sign up NOW for at least an hour of volunteering at the Spring Fling on Saturday, April 25—we need everybody to come out and help our kids have a fun time! You can use the Signup Genius link at http://tinyurl.com/HighlandFling15 or contact Vicki Turner (email@example.com, 267-246-8353) to add your name to the list. Thank you!
Spring Fling Used Book Drive
The Spring Fling Used Book Sale is only a week away, and we are stepping up our collection efforts. We just got a commitment of over 10 boxes, but we need your help, too. Last year, we particularly needed more books for third–sixth graders, so please check your shelves and ask your neighbors with Junior and Senior High kids. We have placed a collection box in front of the Highland library, so you can drop off smaller donations. If you have a box or more, we can arrange to pick them up. Please con-tact Patrick Murray (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Luisa Gray (email@example.com) so that we can make ar-rangements. Bring in those used books so we can raise more money than last year and recirculate even more good books! Thank you!
Highland Celebrity Scoop At Rita’s
Join us for our annual Highland Celebrity Scoop Night on Wednesday, May 13, 4:00–6:00PM at Rita’s of Abington (1700 Old York Road, Abington, PA 19001). The famous prize wheel will be making its return. We can’t wait to see you there!
Community Service Project: Little League Baseball In Ukraine
Highland fifth grader Candice Myers is working to help bring the joy and positive values of two classic American sport—BASEBALL and SOFTBALL—to the children of civil war–distressed Ukraine, and you can help! You can read the Association of Baseball and Softball of Ukraine letter at http://tinyurl.com/ABSU2015 to learn more about the Ukrainian little league initi-ative, and then please bring in any of your used/outgrown baseball/softball gear—bats, balls, gloves, batting helmets, hat, team jerseys, etc.—to the dropoff box in Highland’s front vestibule. For more info, contact Tory Myers (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you for helping Candice with this very special community service project!
Multicultural Potluck/Diversity Fair
Highland’s annual Multicultural Potluck/Diversity Fair will be held in the cafeteria on Friday, May 8 from 4:30–6:30PM. Pro-fessional performances will include Korean fan dancers, a demonstration from Paek’s Martial Arts, and a drum workshop by Doc Gibbs from the Emeril Live Band. Would you like to share about your culture? We are looking for families to display a poster or demonstrate a game or activity. A flyer was sent home with more details on how you can contribute a dish and/or a display. Please contact Ms. Lee-Kim (email@example.com) with any questions.
Here’s What’s Happening
- Saturday, April 25: Spring Fling: 10:00AM–3:00PM
- Tuesday, April 28: Board of School Directors meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building
- Friday, May 1: Red, White, and Blue Day
- Wednesday, May 6: Kindergarten orientation: 9:30AM
- Thursday, May 7: Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast: 8:30–9:30AM in the faculty lounge
- Friday, May 8: Multicultural Potluck/Diversity Fair: 4:30–6:30PM in the cafeteria
- Tuesday, May 12: Board of School Directors meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building
- Wednesday, May 13: Highland Celebrity Scoop Night: 4:00–6:00PM at Rita’s of Abington (1700 Old York Road, Abington, PA 19001)
- Friday, May 15: Field Day
- Monday, May 18: PIAA meeting (for parents/guardians of incoming seventh grade athletes): 7:00–8:30PM in the AJHS Little Theatre
- Tuesday, May 19: In-service day/no classes due to Primary Election Day—please remember to VOTE
- Wednesday, May 20: Art Show/Ice Cream Social: 6:30–8:30PM in the art room and on/around the art room patio