Reminder: Reporting A Dismissal Change
Requests to change your child’s dismissal procedure must be in writing to the teacher. For emergency changes in your child’s dismissal, call the office. Do not e-mail the teacher or secretary to report absence, late arrival, or dismissal changes—e-mail is not a reliable method of communicating time-sensitive information.
Reminder: PTO Meeting Monday Evening
Please join us for the next PTO meeting on Monday, February 23 at 7:00PM in the library. We have a lot of big events coming up, including the Race for Education, Spring Fling, and Field Day. Mr. Etlen will be present to give an update on what is going on at school. We hope that you can join us.
Scholastic Book Fair: Coming Soon
Mark you calendars for Highland’s Scholastic Book Fair coming March 12–20. Information for volunteers is coming soon—watch this space!
Reminder: Special Month For Box Tops And Labels
Each member of the class that brings in the most Box Tops for Education/Labels for Education for February will all receive $5 vouchers for the Scholastic Book Fair in March. So please bring ’em on in!
Thank You To Our Parent Volunteers!
From Mr. Etlen: “On behalf of the faculty and staff of Highland, I would like to thank Ms. Bacich, Ms. Deters, Ms. Hall, Ms. McHugh, Mr. and Mrs. Mumma, Ms. Schrader, Ms. Stancavage, and Ms. Snyder for helping us coordinate our first S.T.A.R.S. assembly. Your help was greatly appreciated!”
By popular demand, this every Highland family has been receiving a hard-copy Thursday packet. But you can also receive your packet as an e-mailed PDF file. All you have to do is enter your e-mail address in Skyward by following the visual instructions in the guide at http://tinyurl.com/SkywardEmail. And the PDF packet is also posted every Thursday to the Highland community Facebook page at www.facebook.com/groups/207500709368019. [NOTE: The FB page was created/is maintained by Highland parents and is not administered by or affiliated with Highland Elementary administra-tion/staff, the Abington School District and its Board of School Directors, or any representatives thereof.]
Do You Hear It? Do You…?
Do you hear the call of the wild, the beat of the street, or the voice telling you “Hey, it’s time to step up.”? Then perhaps YOU are the right person to take over as Husky Happenings Editor next year. Please contact John Spiegelman at firstname.lastname@example.org… TODAY!
Here’s What’s Happening
- Friday, February 20: Red, White, and Blue Day
- Saturday, February 21: Flapjack Fundraiser Breakfast to support the sixth grade: 8:00-10:00AM at Applebee’s (323 Old York Road, Jenkin-town, PA 19046—by the Pavilion)
- Monday, February 23: Highland PTO meeting: 7:00PM in the library
- Friday, March 6: School Spirit Day
- Tuesday, March 10: Board of School Directors meeting: 7:30PM in the Central Administration Building
- Tuesday, March 10: Highland Night at Elevation Burger (15% of your purchase benefits Highland): 4:00–9:00PM at Elevation Burger (3945 Welsh Road, Willow Grove, PA 19090)
- Wednesday, March 11: Highland Science Day
- Tuesday–Thursday, March 17–19: Early dismissal @ 12:20PM:
- Parent conferences by appointment in the classrooms
- Sixth grade bake sale: 12:30–3:30PM outside the library
- Lost-and-found table in front of the library—all items not claimed will be donated
- Friday, March 20: Red, White, and Blue Day
- Tuesday, March 24: Highland Night at Anthony’s Coal-Fired Pizza (100 Welsh Road, Horsham, PA 19044)—rescheduled due to weather; please save your 2/17 vouchers to use on 3/24